If you’re not a fan of waxing, shaving is undoubtedly the best alternative to remove any unwanted hair from your body. But, chances are you’ll have encountered a major drawback at one point or another – shaving rash. Whether you’ve used a dull razor blade, harsh soap, or just have sensitive skin, here’s how to get rid of shaving rash and prevent it happening in the first place.
How to get rid of shaving rash
Shaving Rash Treatment
1. Cold Compress
A fast, effective, and inexpensive way to soothe shaving rash is using a cold compress. All you need to do is wrap an ice pack in a thin towel and place it over the affected area to get instant relief from the burning sensation, as well as reduce inflammation. It will also help to reduce redness and prevent shaving bumps from forming. Alternatively, you can saturate a cloth in cold water and place it on the affected area for the same result – be sure to do this several times a day.
2. Aloe Vera
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The best way to get rid of shaving rash is to stop it happening in the first place! First thing’s first – get yourself a decent razor. Those rusty razors that have been loitering around the bathroom for months need to go. Razor blades tend to go blunt sooner than you think (after about five uses) and you can usually tell when they’re done if you have to go over the same area multiple times.
Also, don’t dismiss disposable razors just because they’re cheaper than others – sometimes single blade razors are the best option if you’re prone to shaving rash because they don’t cut hair below the skin like triple or quadruple blades.
If you want to stop shaving rash, dry shaving or just using water is out of the question because it will cause more friction. Invest in some shaving foam (opt for a men’s shaving cream for a gentler formula) and you’ll find shaving easier, while protecting your skin.
You’ll probably have heard this before, but it’s essential to shave in the direction that your hair grows to avoid irritation. It may not be as effective at first, but just go over the same area again and you should be good to go. It’s also a good idea to exfoliate your skin with a body scrub before you start shaving to make it easier, and avoid getting those inconvenient ingrown hairs.
- Helps condition skin for a healthier look and feel
- Helps to nourish and moisturise skin
- Gluten and Paraben Free
- 100% Vegan Ingredients
- Signature blend of soothing Aloe, Omega-Rich Vitamin E, calming Chamomile, Avocado Extracts, Coconut Oil and Watermelon Extract
- Strictly Professional Witch Hazel
- Natural astringent formula
- Ideal face mask ingredient
- In 500ml container
- Clean and Easy Soothe - Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
- Contains allantoin
- Cools and soothes
- Calming and revitalising
- Enriched moisturising formula delivers a professional close shave
- Nourishes and soothes the skin for reduced irritation
- Fresh fragrance with notes of lemon and bergamot
- Masculine fragrance leaves the face feeling refreshed
- Gel works like a cream to allow blade to glide through while still moisturising the skin